Friday, April 5, 2019

An innovation for PBD English Lesson- Easy E- Transit Form

Assalamumualaikum and welcome aboard to new viewers.

As the title tells you about E- Transit Form. Yes!


I had heard many teachers felt burden of the e e e websites they had to fill in. Me too actually.

However, this e transit form is different from those e. It helps me a lot in doing my year 1 PBD.
Only at the beginning, to create form, to link the form and to generate the QR CODE for the form brought a headache. I had dip a toe in making this form an easy platform for other teachers to share.

What did I do?

I used the google form to create the questions. It automatically can be linked to the google sheet. The main part is the google sheet. Your transit records for 4 skills are there.

After lesson, I click the google form and fill in the Performance Level for my pupils. The PL will be save at the google sheets aka your transit record.

 below is the google sheet for 4 skills in English year 1 2019.

here's a quick view of the form.
examples of year 1 e transit form


Before I had the e transit form, I made my own form using excel. I felt so stressful especially when I printed out the doc. It was too small because of many rows and columns. That's not the worst part yet.

The worst part was  to  fill in the excel doc. I had to shrink my handwriting to fit the column. Believe me, it was not fun to do that 4 times a week for three classes and 28 pupils per class.

Google form had ring a bell to me when I had to edit a Learning Walks form given by our Projek Aman mentor, Puan Aiza Zainudin. Thank you so much Puan Aiza.

Starting from there, I explore the google sheets in the you tube and learnt a few tricks. I  designed a template for English Teacher to copy and edit. This E transit form can be used for all English teachers from Year 1 to Year 6. You can just edit the learning standards and the pupils' name.

if you are interested to have this e transit form,  I will share the steps at the next post.

Thank you.

-MadamSyuhada-

2 comments: